Free PDF Download of Agriculture Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. Agriculture MCQ Questions for Interview Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern.
01. Which of the following fruits has maximum area under cultivation?
02. Which of the following is a branch of agricultural science which deals with principles and practices of soil, water and crop management. What is the name of the branch?
- Crop production
- Agricultural engineering
- Home Science
03. The farming in which farmers focus on growing enough food to feed themselves and other family members is called –
- Organic farming
- Industrial farming
- Ley farming
- Subsistence agriculture
4. Subsistence agriculture
04. Golden revolution is related to which of the following?
- Oilseed production
- Honey and Horticulture
- Jute production
- Egg production
2. Honey and Horticulture
05. Which of the following countries is the largest exporter of rice in the world?
Note: India had the highest export volume of rice worldwide, at 15.5 million metric tons as of 2020/2021.
06. Following are the statements regarding the Usar soil –
- It is reclaimed by adding lime.
- This soil has pH more than seven.
- Paddy crop can be grown in this soil.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below –
- 1 and 2 are correct
- 2 and 3 are correct
- Only 3 is correct
- Only 1 is correct
2. 2 and 3 are correct
07. What is the use of biochar in farming?
- Biochar can be used as a part of the growing medium in vertical farming.
- When biochar is a part of the growing medium, it promotes the growth of nitrogen fixing microorganisms.
- When biochar is a part of the growing medium, it enables the growing medium to retain water for longer time.
Which of the statements given above is/ are correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
4. 1, 2 and 3
08. National Research Centre for Citrus (NRCC) is located in –
09. Indian Institute of Vegetable Research is located in –
10. National Bureau of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning (NBSSLUP) is headquartered at –
11. Musa Paradisica is the botanical name of –
12. Which of the following pairs is not matched correctly?
- Red Revolution – Tomato Production
- Round Revolution – Potato Production
- Pink Revolution – Prawn Production
- White Revolution – Milk Production
2. Round Revolution – Potato Production
Note: Round Revolution is related to Potato Production
13. Which one of the following is a Rabi crop in the Northern States of India?
14. Which of the following is known as the Golden Fiber?
Note: Jute is regarded a golden fiber because it is one of the longest and most used natural fiber for various textile
15. The term soil impoverishment relates to which one of the following?
- Soil erosion
- Soil deposition
- Soil getting very deficient in plant nutrients
- Soil getting enriched with plant nutrients
3. Soil getting very deficient in plant nutrients
16. What is Inter-cropping?
- It is the time period between two cropping seasons.
- It is growing of two or more crops in random mixture.
- It is growing of two or more crops in definite row patterns.
- It is growing of different crops on a piece of land in a pre-planned succession.
3. It is growing of two or more crops in definite row patterns.
17. In which one of the following States is jute not significantly cultivated?
- West Bengal
- Andhra Pradesh
4. Andhra Pradesh
18. Genetic industry includes –
19. Colour of the tag used on certified seed bags is –
- golden yellow
Note: Colour of the tag used on certified seed bags is blue.
20. Saffron farming is being developed in which state, other than Jammu & Kashmir?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Note: The saffron bowl, which was so far confined to Kashmir, may soon expand to the North East of India.
21. Which of the following is used as Biofertilizer?
- Blue-green algae
- All of these
4. All of these
22. Pusa RH-10 is a hybrid variety of –
- Basmati rice
1. Basmati rice
23. Nitrogen fixing bacteria make combination with cells of the roots of –
Note: Pulse crops e.g., gram, pea, mung, urd, arhar (tur) etc. can fix N from atmospheric (78.4% free N) about 20-25 kgN/hectare through rhizobium nodules bacteria in roots of pulse crops.
24. Fruit cracking disease in Pomegranate is caused due to the deficiency of –
25. How many laboratories for Agri product testing have been recently set up by Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)?
26. Who determines the minimum support price in India?
- The Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices
- The Agriculture Ministry
- The Finance Commission
1. The Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices
27. Which of the following state declare Jackfruit as the official state fruit –
- West Bengal
28. Which one of the following terms describes the practice of growing two or more crops simultaneously on the same piece of land?
- Crop rotation
- Mixed cropping
- Mixed farming
2. Mixed cropping
29. Dry land farming in India is largely confined to areas with rainfall less than –
- 100 cm
- 85 cm
- 80 cm
- 75 cm
4. 75 cm
30. Which of the following is not a Commercial Crop in India?
Note: Maize is a cereal crop. Now a days the maize is termed as a nutritional food.